Who We Are
What We Do
Why We Do It
ORIENTED Event Organizers
Thank you for your interest in joining the ORIENTED global network! We actively welcome applications even if no openings are currently available. Applications are kept on file in anticipation of healthy turnover.
STEP 1: Verify that you are qualified
Applicants must be members of ORIENTED and meet at least three (3) of the member qualifications, including the first one (language skills).
STEP 1: Get yourself ORIENTED
- Carefully read through each section on the left. (Please do not ask questions that have already been addressed in these materials).
- Listen to this radio interview featuring three of our organizers.
- Read these news articles - 1, 2, and 3.
- Watch these videos.
- Become a member, and know where to find your Member ID#.
- Register for an upcoming Happy Hour (where applicable), and attend!
- Like us on Facebook, join us on LinkedIn, and follow us on Twitter.
- Learn how we support the community.
STEP 2: Submit an Application Form
- Application Form A - For those applying for organizer positions to join an existing team (see What's New).
- Application Form B - For those who want to start events in a new location, or want to re-launch in cities where we haven't been active.
- Application Form C - For those who want to join as a Crew Member.
- Application Form D - For freelance photographer applicants.
STEP 3: Fill out the paperwork
If you pass probation, submit the following items within 7 days of notification.
- Volunteer Organizer Agreement (Page 3)
Your Head Organizer should have a copy of our Organizer Agreement. If not, please contact the Program Director.
- Your Online Professional Profile
Indicate your online profile of choice (LinkedIn, Xing, etc.) and include the ENTIRE link. For example - http://www.linkedin.com/in/christinehsu
- Introduction Paragraph (maximum 100 words)
This will be used for your organizer profile seen here and in a special email newsletter, introducing you to our members.
Please include 1-2 half body photos in professional attire to choose from.
- Designated Representative
(for Co-Head Organizers only)
Determine who will serve as the main contact person with headquarters. Each team designates one person in this role.
STEP 4: For new teams ONLY
If you are starting up in a new location, or are a new team in a city where we already have Happy Hours, please click here to get started.